Shenkin (Erskineville) ♥♥♥

53 Erskineville Road, Erskineville
Sunday 11 November 2012

2.83 'Listen to Timeout, go for the Israeli salad'

Shalom, Shenkin. You are a groovy Israeli haunt with funky music, friendly service, great Mecca coffee and one heck of a breakfast knife. I thought I was on to a winner with you, until my eggs arrived. I know Timeout rate your brekkie (I even brought my fat-pants in eager anticipation) but I was bitterly disappointed with your food. Your omlette, despite being somewhat tasty with the chorizo and all, was dry and horrifying to look at. Your toast was also dry and not exactly toasted. I couldn't figure out if I was a satisfied or dissatisfied customer? I left, confused. Quite full, but confused. 

Coffee: 4 Mecca. Good coffee. 
Eggs: 1  I was saddened by my omlette. I wish I'd had the Israeli breakfast like Timeout told me to. Dammit.
Toast: 1 Your toast was comparable to dried cardboard.
Knife: 4.5 It was serrated and sporting a sturdy handle. If only I had toast that was worthy of the battle.
Ambience: 4 I liked your vibe. Your service was faultless, you had groovy tunes playing and three large spaces in which to file patrons into. 
Price: 2.5 Price is good. Eggs on toast $8.50. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment